Date(s) - 06/10/2023 - 08/10/2023
Please circulate this information to your club members. I am sorry that this information is late, I have been negotiating the fees with the hotel. The Rotary Club of Wreake Valley is arranging the Eurotary87 visit and aiming to reduce the cost to encourage more people to attend, especially as there are fewer clubs participating. Suffolk is a county in the east of England beside the sea and with beautiful countryside, there are historic towns and villages. Woodbridge is a small town in Suffolk on the estuary of river Deben with easy access to the main A12 road that follows the south Suffolk coast in the east of England. The port of Harwich is approximately 1 hour away by car and Stansted airport is approximately 1hr 30minutes drive to the hotel. Ufford Park Hotel, Woodbridge, Suffolk is a spa hotel with its own golf course and driving range.
ROOMS: Friday 6 – Sunday 8th October (all September dates were fully booked). The hotel has offered the following special room rates:
- Single room & breakfast per room per night £110
- Double room & breakfast per room per night £130
Guests must reserve their own room by contacting the hotel and use the code GA001589, this is the code for the Eurotary87 event and special room rate.
Telephone: +44 1394 383555
You can reserve extra nights if you would like to stay in England longer. Payment will be taken for rooms when you leave. You can cancel your room up to 48 hours before your arrival, you must let me know as well.
Friday and Saturday night meals are at the hotel and a 3 course meal £34 each. Menus will be sent nearer the time to pre-order your meals.
Rotarians = £71 for 2 evening meals and refreshments for Sunday morning meeting
Non-rotarians = £68 for 2 evening meals
This must be paid to:
Account name: The Rotary Club of the Wreake Valley
Bank Sort Code: 40-43-39
Account Number: 51385488
Branch Identifier Code: HBUKGB4158T
- Cost of any additional refreshments or bar drinks in the hotel
- Cost of refreshments & lunch on Saturday
- Cost of travel to places of interest
- Entrance fees to places of interest
There will not be organised visits to places of interest so that people can choose to go to places they prefer. A few places of interest are
- Ipswich – county town of Suffolk and the towns of Southwold, Aldeburgh, Framlingham
- The site & museum of the Viking longship & home of the founder at Sutton Hoo – National Trust
- Orford Castle – The English Heritage https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/orford-castle/?utm_source=Google%20Business&utm_campaign=Local%20Listings&utm_medium=Google%20Business%20Profiles&utm_content=orford%20castle
- Orford Ness – National Trust nature reserve
- Framlingham castle – English Heritage https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/framlingham-castle/?utm_source=Google%20Business&utm_campaign=Local%20Listings&utm_medium=Google%20Business%20Profiles&utm_content=framlingham%20castle
- AONB Dunwich beach – National Trust
- Snape Maltings riverside walks, home to composer Benjamin Britten & craft centre
- RSPB Minsmere – Royal Society for Protection of Birds reserve
Yours in Rotary and Kind regards
The Rotary Club of the Wreake Valley